Monday, June 10, 2013

Abstract Images


I enjoy creating abstract images. Just the simple process of converting a color image to a Black & White makes the image abstract. I like to record movement in some of my images to extend the abstract quality of the scene a little further. This picture is of an old vineyard barn located on one of the hills surrounding Canandaigua Lake in central N.Y.  I stood and watched the directions of the clouds for a few moments and could see they were moving away form me. I made a three minute exposure and as I had hoped, the clouds fanned out over the barn roof giving a surreal look to the overall image.

http://www.canandaiguawinetrail.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canandaigua_Lake

2 comments:

  1. The movement in the sky is wonderful.............great image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheldon, Thanks checking in on my site and for your comment on my photograph. It is always exciting to experiment with long exposures and to find interesting subjects to photograph. Take care, John

    ReplyDelete