Monday, October 27, 2014

Soft Light



I have always preferred to photograph in soft light when possible.  I enjoy working in the soft glow of light just after sunset or on a cloudy day to give added detail in my landscape images.  Sunny days often times are too harsh with the deep shadows to bring out all the tones and details that can exist in a landscape scene.  This image was taken in Texas along the Guadalupe River just after sunset.  The light from the western sky eluminated the tree roots to give a soft glow to the detail and texture of the twisted root structure.  When I visited the area earlier in the day the roots were in full sun and very contrasty.  When possible, I will visit a location numerous times to determine the best time of day for the type of light I prefer to make my exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment