Saturday, August 29, 2015

River boat


During our time at Cumberland Falls State Park in Tennessee we spent time hiking along the river and the falls area.  While photographing along the river I came across the little wooden boat tied up on the shoreline.  It was a shallow boat that was homemade.  As I walked along I discovered a few more tied in among the rocks.  To me they didn't look sturdy enough for someone to venture out on the river in.  A day later while visiting this same area I saw a couple of these boats out on the water with a couple of fisherman in each boat.  They were fishing at the base of the main Cumberland Falls area and strangely the current kept them in place as they fished.  As I travel around I enjoy seeing how local people have developed their own customs of doing things in their particular region of the country.

http://parks.ky.gov/parks/resortparks/Cumberland-falls/default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment