Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Cedar Key, Fl.


We were in Cedar Key, Fl. last week, a place we enjoy going to eat some fresh seafood.  The winter months there are usually foggy and the heavy fog can be around the entire day.  We stayed in a small motel right near the bay that had a great view of the water.  One morning I was sitting there with a cup of coffee waiting for the fog to lift so I could go photographing.  As the fog moved around I noticed a sail boat on the bay with all of it's sails up.  I quickly grabbed my camera and went down towards the water.  Much to my surprise when I got to the location to photograph, the sails were down on the boat.  I was a bit discouraged because the scene had changed and wasn't what I saw from the motel moments before.  I went ahead and made a few exposures and still enjoyed the changing atmosphere of this foggy morning.  In my years of photography I am always amazed with how quickly a scene can change.  Many wonderful images never got made because of the fast changing light, but they live in my memory.  The craft of photography is like many other disciplines in life.  It takes consistent practice to maintain a creative eye and to handle the equipment with little thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment