Saturday, June 30, 2018

Yellowstone N.P.


I was in Yellowstone National Park a few days ago.  It was a cold and rainy time spent there but the light was great for photography.  I found a few areas away from the crowds that frequent Yellowstone and made some interesting images.  I saw this small geyser a few times erupting from a distance and I was never in position to be there when it did.  I started timing when it went off and found it was nearly every hour in between eruptions.  It was late in the day when I went to this location to setup my camera and tripod and wait for the geyser to erupt.  The setting sun was breaking through a small opening in the clouds giving a nice side lighting to the scene.  I made this image to check my focus and exposure settings just as the eruption started.  As the geyser erupted I heard a voice speak from behind me and as I turn to see who it was I bumped my tripod knocking my camera out of focus and missed the capturing the spectacular event.  I was a little disappointed at the time in my misfortunes but satisfied that I made this exposure just moments before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment