Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Quiet Morning


I was out camping and kayaking this past week and discovered an new lake with lots of interesting cypress trees.  It is in a remote area of the state and surrounded by cattle ranches.  It was great to locate an area that was not over populated and not ruined by over development.  It had rained hard during the night and I had doubts about getting up before dawn and heading out in my kayak.  I was glad that I didn't give in to the comfort of my warm bed and made it out in the damp early morning fog to photograph.  So many times we miss opportunities in lives because we over think things or reflect on past failures to convince ourselves that it is not just worth the effort.  I have had countless struggles at times with going through all the effort it requires to access a location to photograph and coming away with nothing to show for it.  I know it is all part of the process, but when I have streaks of bad luck with exhausted energy in the pursuit of photography it can influence my attitude toward future efforts.  I know it is not suppose to be easy and that the good images are sometimes hard to come by.  That is why when I achieve a successful image it is very rewarding. 

1 comment: