Wednesday, April 7, 2021

I miss the days of travel


 I have been going through some of my old files of trips we have taken in the past looking for some images I may have overlooked.  Really it is more about remembering and thinking back to when we lived a normal life and the world was a bit more relaxed place to live.  How we have all changed is the past year or so. We have hopes of returning to what life was but in reality that will never happen. We have been conditioned by a prolonged state of FEAR, a strong motivator that can change your brain chemistry and prevent you from returning to your previous state.  Personally I don't like the direction the world is going with big brother having so much control of our lives.  We all bought into the new fast spreading technology of computers and internet thinking it was free and an added convenience to our lives, when in reality we were selling our souls to this beast that will control us. Without knowing we gave up our personal freedoms and information to be connected through social media. Now these giant media platforms will control our news and information filtered through their lens to sway social and political views. Blessed were the days when I went out my backdoor without being tethered to technology and was free from concerns of staying connected.  This image was made in Iceland on a cold and dreary day. I made a long expose to calm the waters and soften the sky. After making several images we found a warm cozy restaurant that served up fresh fish caught from the sea that day.  Wonderful memories and some nice photos to take me back, if only in my mind.

2 comments:

  1. I understand your feeling from a different perspective. My old days remind me when I could pick up a keg of beer in one arm. A strong youthful body able to enjoy a full life. I was not hooked in to technology. I never owned a cell phone. I didn't even own a TV till I was 45. That all changed because of health issues I won't bore you with. Now I'm lucky if I can bend over to pick up a dime. Because of my handicaps I have learned to live a different life. Technology in its many aspects is now the center of my life. It's amazing what I can at the touch of a button, which is about all I can do now. Fulfilling my life is a matter of what I can do, not a matter of my physical limitations, which are many. This is a permanent situation for me. The temporary situation the country finds itself in because of covid, is temporary. Daily enjoyments are missed most when they are lost. Like a blind person who regains his eyesight his elation is joyful, but after a while it becomes mundane. So when things get back to normal, bless what you have everyday. My life will never get back to normal, so I bless what I can do with the technology I use to deny.
    Love your photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give blessings to what you have everyday is good advice. Thanks for commenting on my photography.

    ReplyDelete