Sunday, October 31, 2021

The places I will always go


I have always had a desire to seek out remote places and walk on new ground. There is a sense of newness that comes with exploring an area for the first time.  I enjoy the anticipation of seeing what is up around the bend in the trail.  It is in these times my senses are heighten, and my awareness of the beauty in nature is awakened.  It is easy to hike a long distance and not feel the burden of carrying my camera gear and tripod.  Often times after spending several hours hiking and photographing I will find a spot to stretch out and rest before making the trip back. It could be in a warm patch of sun or the shade of a tree.  As I rest in a semi conscious state, I can hear the birds overhead singing and the sound of a small stream in the distance.  The smell of pine, the blue of the sky, and the peace of feeling at home in the Garden of Eden.


No comments:

Post a Comment