Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thunderhead Cloud


I was out photographing a few days ago on Bully Hill overlooking Keuka Lake. I could see storms were in the area and decided to choose a location for a big sky view of the landscape. I find that the best time for dramatic landscape photographs is when there is a weather event going on such as a thunder storm. It is important not to become too involved with your photography to disregard your personal safety. The storm in the picture was brief and passed quickly, but it did produce some hail and a few lightning bolts. I packed up my gear and waited in my car for the storm to clear.  A few minutes later I was able to make this image of the thunderhead cloud after the storm passed by my location.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bully_Hill_Vineyards

No comments:

Post a Comment