Friday, October 25, 2013

Passing Storm


We were out riding along the ocean on Rt. A1A on the East coast of Florida a couple of days ago and ran into a quick moving cold front that produced a strong thunderstorm. It was late in the day and the sun was about an hour from setting. We found a place to park where we could watch the ocean and waited to see if a rainbow would appear once the storm moved out to sea. Sure enough as the low angle sun broke through the western sky, it made a full rainbow out over the ocean. I grabbed my camera and headed out in the tail end of the downpour to get a picture. After making a few photographs, I walked along the beach enjoying the dramatic sky and was hoping to find something other than an empty ocean to photograph. I looked back behind me and saw this surfer out on the water looking for some waves from the pasting storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment