Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Mexican Street Photographer


We came across a photographer in San Juan Del Rio, Mx. He was in the city jardin standing around near the water fountain hoping to take portraits of people visiting the park. His simple camera was an old battered polaroid that had a piece of cloth covering the bellows to keep the light out. It is how he makes his living and probably the only equipment he has. I spoke with him for a moment and asked to take his picture. I could tell he was uneasy seeing me with my modern digital camera. After walking away I realized I should have asked him to take our picture and paid him the price for his work. It would have been a simple thing to do and I regret not doing so. I am reminded of this every time I look at this picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment