Sunday, June 12, 2016

Wooden Ship


This old abandoned wooden fishing boat in Iceland still commands a powerful presence, even though it has been dragged up on the shore and left to rot.  I spotted this old boat from the top of a lighthouse I was in, and I immediately started in that direction.  The boat is very colorful with several layers of old paint peeling away.  I made my first print in color because of the beauty it showed of the boat and it's multi faded colors.  The black and white conversion gives a stern and powerful look to the boat. It is hard to determine the size of the boat while viewing the photograph, but the ladder on the left side gives some perspective to just how big this boat really is.  As I stood if front of this boat I could feel the power it once had pounding through the icy waters of the Arctic Ocean.  

No comments:

Post a Comment