Saturday, February 4, 2017

Mexican farmer


When I travel to other countries I always find myself traveling the back roads in search of small towns and local county folk.  My path usually takes me on dirt roads that lead into areas that rarely ever see a tourist.  I enjoy seeing the everyday life of these rural areas and meeting the friendly people that live there.  I am always amused that as soon as I enter a town and begin looking around, people start coming out to see this strangers that has wandered into their town.  The children usually run around in the street laughing at me, while the older people peak their heads of doorways and windows with a suspicious eye.  I usually find a small family run outdoor cafe to get something to eat and sit among the towns people.  It seems that I am always rewarded by meeting nice people, and being able to witness a lifestyle of a simple purpose with a great importance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment