Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Bit Dean


 I am going through some of my old people pictures and sorting them out. I have created hundreds of images of people I have come across in my years of photography.  I am basically a landscape photographer but I always enjoy the challenge of photographing people I meet in my travels. I am amazed with the friendly bond that is created with the individuals I come in contact with. Most of them are true characters with an independent quality about them. My people pictures are some of the most rewarding images I can make. It is a bit awkward to approach a complete stranger and ask to photograph them. Honestly I can't think of a time that I have been turned down with my request. I usually strike up a conversation and get to know them a little bit before asking to take their picture.  I usually get their address and send them a completed photograph few weeks later. Many of the people I have photographed over the years have certainly pasted on and I hope some of the pictures are still around with a family member. 

No comments:

Post a Comment