Saturday, September 7, 2024

Uncertainty

We all experience it at some point in our lives. Here I am the night before I take off for another road trip of photography and primitive tent camp in the Plains states of America and Canada. It is an area that I have avoided traveling to and photographing my entire life. So I ask myself why at the age of 75 do I want to go to a barren land and sleep on the ground in an area that is void of scenic value? In the process of trying to answer my question, I realize that my soul feels barren and my desire to create has vanished from my being. Is it due to my age knowing that I can now "see the end”, or is it that I am out of touch with what creative photography means to me in the world of AI. I am uncertain of that answer as I write this. Have I lost hope in my pursuit of my passion? No! But has technology and the means to create a meaningful image shifted so far that I am no longer relevant to the current trend? I am beginning to thinks so. I suppose it is a natural progession of an aging person that has dedicated their life to a dream and vision that suddenly fades without them being aware it. I will make my trip feeling in an exhausted state, and hope the stark barren landscape can offer me something in return. To find a place of balance in life, you need to experience the extremes.

No comments:

Post a Comment